The Lighthouse at Flamborough Head is made of brick and was built in 1806. It has a height: 88ft (27m) and to reach the light there are 119 steps up the tower. This lighthouse was designed by Sir Samuel Wyatt and built by John Matson of Bridlington. It has a range of 24 nautical miles. further out on the headland is a fog horn house.