St Georges Church Portland is a grade 1 listed church now in the care of The Churches Conservation Trust built between 1754 and 1766. The stone for St Georges was supplied by the same stonemason who supplied the stone for St Paul’s Cathedral. The glass for the windows was all clear glass with the only stained glass window being added in Victorian times. The Church sits in a churchyard with over 2000 headstones. Many are quite elaborate probably due to the number of stonemasons found on Portland.